Wednesday, September 7, 2011

One Sweet Word

For as long as I can remember I have wanted to be a Mommy.  The idea of bringing another being into this world and having 100% responsibility for them is a little outrageous to some, but to me it is the ultimate blessing.  As a Mommy you have to juggle so many things on a daily basis:  devotion time, hubby needs, baby needs, puppy dog needs, work, cleaning house, laundry, dinner, etc.  It is very easy at times to lose yourself in all this controlled chaos.

I work very hard each day to remind myself of all the blessings in my life, but there are days when I feel like I am on the verge on going coo-coo.  I am finding that when all seems nuts, that is when the good, unexpected things in life happen.  Luke has recently picked up the word Mommy.  Picking him up from school - he says Mommy with a big smile and comes running.  Wanting to cuddle - Mommy.  Not feeling very well - Mommy.  Something is scary - Mommy.  Going night night - smiles and says Mommy. 

Something so simple rocks me to my core.  Luke using this word seems to melt away everything around me and helps slow me down.  Like I said before, I have always wanted to be a Mommy, but only now do I really understand what it means.  I am truly blessed getting to share this life with a loving husband and a beautiful, sweet boy.  My cup is full.


1 comment:

Aaron and Andrea said...

Haven't looked at the blog world in a long time since I got out of it pretty much. Just saw this and was so touched. What a beautiful post.