Friday, June 27, 2008

Comal River and Mt Bonnell

Drew and I headed to the Comal River to float this weekend with some old college friends. On the way home, we stopped in Austin to take in some of the sites and eat at one of our favorite spots in Austin, Matt's El Rancho. The Bob Armstrong is to die for.
I took Drew to see the view from Mt Bonnell. He had never been to the lookout before.
I forgot that there was another place to take pictures. I hate that the fence and buildings are in the background, but still a great picture.
Say cheese. Drew and I decided to take the steep way down to the car.
Here is the better view of Mt Bonnell. I am not in the picture because there was no one around to take one of us together.
Here is a view from our deck at the Comal River. We had prime real estate this weekend.
Here are the girls (L to R: Ally, Marcy, Brittany, Me, Carrie, and Melissa).
Here are the guys (L to R: Shaun, Luke, Lance, Drew, Cary, Jake, and Kevin).
We had a blast floating down the river. I brought along a waterproof camera and hope to have those pics posted soon.
Drew and I hanging out playing washers.
Carrie and Melissa playing washers. Carrie was a tough competitor, very hard to beat.
Drew and Kevin playing. Kevin played pretty well holding that drink in his hand.
After a hard fought match, still friends.
Luke and Shaun were the overall winners in our washers tournament. Drew and I came in second.
Drew was sound asleep the next morning, so I called in reinforcements to help me get him out of bed. Thanks Cary.

Ready for some floating.

Carrie had to help Cary with some sunscreen before we started out.
This is my good friend Julie. We had drinks with her and her husband Colin at Rick's the other night. There was a great band playing from New Orleans.

Julie and her husband Colin.

No comments: